2016-17 USD 453 Student Enrollment
Student enrollment for the 2016-17 school year will be held on the following dates and times:
- Returning K-5 Students: July 26-28, 2016; 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; All Elementary School Sites
- New and Returning K-12 Students: August 1, 2016 (12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.) and August 2, 2016 (7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.); Leavenworth High School
Please read the Steps for Registering below and we look forward to seeing you at Enrollment. If you are unsure if you reside within the Leavenworth Unified School District's boundaries, please contact the District Office at 913-684-1400
Step 1: Review the Requirements
- A child must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2016 of the current year to enter Kindergarten for the 2016-17 school year.
- A child must be 6 years of age on or before August 31, 2016 of the current year to enter First Grade for the 2016-17 school year.
- A certified copy of a child’s birth certificate must be presented to the school upon first entrance to school.
Only the biological parent, custodial parent, or court appointed legal guardian may enroll a child in school. A step parent, other relative, or non-relative shall not enroll a child. If you are the non-custodial parent, you must have a notarized statement from the custodial parent granting permission for the child to live with you, as well as, grant permission for you to enroll the child in school and make educational/medical decisions for the child.
Step 2: Proof of Identity
At On-Site Enrollment, students enrolling in Leavenworth Public Schools for the first time must have proof of their identity provided by their parent/guardian. Acceptable proof of identity is as follows:
- A certified copy of the birth certificate of the child, or
- A certified copy of the court order placing a child in the custody of the Secretary of Social and Rehabilitation Services.
Students enrolling in Grades 1-12 must provide:
- a copy of birth certificate of the child
- a certified transcript of school records, or school records from the sending school.
Note: If proof of identity is not presented to the Leavenworth School District within 30 days after enrollment, written notice will be given immediately to the appropriate law enforcement agency with jurisdiction of the child’s school. Upon receipt of written notice, law enforcement shall conduct an investigation to determine the identity of the child.
Thank You for your interest in the Leavenworth School District. If you have questions throughout the enrollment process, please call us at 913-684-1400
or send an email to email@example.com.